With invoice matching enabled on in iCompleat there are several matching statuses that can appear against invoices & orders. These statuses tell you the type of match that's been made & whether you need to take further action.
The matching statuses you see depend on the matching settings an iCompelat administrator has configured.
There are three settings you can choose for invoice matching:
- Do not match
- Match supplier & purchase order number
- Match supplier, purchase order, & amount
This article tells you about the various matching statuses that may occur for each setting, why they might occur, & how to resolve them if necessary.
You'll see the matching status Matched against an invoice if iCompleat has been able to fully match it to an order according to the matching criteria configured in Company management.
Likewise with orders, you'll see the status Matched if an invoice has arrived in iCompleat that can be fully matched to it according to your matching criteria.
You'll see the matching status Supplier mismatch against an invoice if iCompleat has been able to match the invoice to an order, but the supplier on the invoice is different to the supplier on the order. This might happen because a supplier uses a different trading name on its invoices to the one on the order, or because the order was accidentally raised with the wrong supplier.
Check out Supplier Mismatch status to see how to fix this.
You'll see the matching status Invoice duplicate if an invoice arrives in iCompleat that has the same PO number as a fully matched invoice in the system. This could happen for a few reasons, including:
- A supplier accidentally sends the same invoice twice.
- A supplier sends a new invoice containing the same PO reference number from an order they've already invoiced for.
- In invoice's matching order has already been incorrectly matched to another invoice in iCompleat.
Check out Invoice duplicate status to see how to fix this.
No PO match
You'll see the matching status No PO match against an invoice if iCompleat can't find an order that matches any of the criteria you've configured for matching.
Check out No PO match status to see how to fix this.
No PO reference
You'll see the matching status No PO reference against an invoice if iCompleat can't find a PO reference number on the invoice.
Check out No PO reference status to see how to fix this.
You'll see the matching status Over match against an invoice or order if the value of the invoice is greater than the value of the matching order. This matching status can only appear if you have the matching setting Match Supplier, Purchase Order Number & Amount selected in Company management.
An Over match status can occur for multiple reasons, including:
- A supplier adds extra items like delivery charges to an order.
- Item prices increase after you place the order.
- The VAT on the invoice is rounded up at header level, & is greater than the VAT value on the order.
- An agreement is made with the supplier after an order is placed for extra items to be added to the order.
- A supplier forgets to add a previously agreed discount to an invoice.
Check out Over match status to see how to fix this.
You'll see the matching status Part match against an invoice or order if the value of the invoice is less than the value of the matching order. This matching status can only occur if you have the matching setting Match Supplier, Purchase Order Number & Amount selected in Company management. A part match could happen for various reasons, including:
- The supplier applied a discount after you placed the order.
- The supplier can't fulfil the entire order, so has billed you for less than the original order value.
- The supplier has split your order between more than one invoice, & the remaining invoices haven't arrived in iCompleat yet.
Check out Part match status to see how to fix this.
You'll see the matching status Pending against an invoice if the invoice hasn't been processed for invoice matching. This could be for one of two reasons:
- Invoice matching wasn't switched on when the invoice was received, but has since been switched on.
- The invoice was previously matched to an order, but has been manually unmatched by a user.
Check out Pending status to see how to fix this.
Please select supplier
If you're using iCompleat with the Universal Connector, the first invoice you receive from any supplier that has a matching order will have the status Please select supplier.
Check out Please select supplier status to see how to fix this.
You'll see the matching status Matching Disabled against an invoice if matching isn't enabled for that company.
Closed for matching
You'll see the matching status of Closed for matching against an order if the order was part-matched to an invoice, & was then closed for matching in the Approved tray. Closing an order for matching means that the order can't be matched to any more invoices.
Check out Closed for matching status to see how to fix this.
You'll see the matching status None against an order if it's still awaiting invoice matching - that is, an invoice hasn't arrived in iCompleat that matches the order yet.
This even applies if an invoice arrives in iCompleat that does correspond to an order, but has the matching status Supplier mismatch. The corresponding order will still display the matching status None until the Supplier mismatch status has been resolved.
You'll also see the matching status None if you've selected the matching setting Do not match in Company management, & you have more than one iCompleat company. This setting simply means that iCompleat won't perform invoice matching.
You might also see the matching status None if the order has been previously matched but a user has manually unmatched it.
Check out None status to see how to fix this.