You can keep an accurate record of order items your company has received using iCompleat's receipting feature. This lets you receipt fully approved orders line by line before the invoice arrives, & cancel order lines for items that weren't received.
Receipting improves the accuracy of invoice matching. Receipted orders will update to reflect the value of receipted items, meaning iCompleat will match the value of invoices to the receipted value of orders. Receipting also makes it quick & easy to track & manage your company's spending using iCompleat reports such as All Open Orders, Cash requirements, & Accruals.
In this guide we show you how to activate receipting for your suppliers, as well as how to receipt a fully approved order.
Activate receipting for a supplier
You need to activate receipting for each supplier that you'd like to use receipting for. This only takes a few seconds for each supplier.
Activating receipting doesn't affect your subscription cost. Receipting is free, & you can activate it for as many suppliers as you like.
There are a couple of ways you can activate receipting for a supplier.
1. Activate receipting in Supplier management
You need to be an iCompleat Administrator, Company Administrator, or AP Operator to activate receipting in Supplier management.
To activate receipting for a supplier in Supplier management, follow these steps:
- Click Supplier management.
- From the drop-down, select the supplier you'd like to use receipting for.
- Switch on the Receipting toggle underneath the supplier default drop-downs.
- Click Save.
Receipting is now switched on for the supplier!
2. Activate receipting when mapping supplier defaults
You need to be an AP Operator to map supplier defaults.
You can quickly activate receipting for a supplier during invoice processing. Here's how.
- In the Unprocessed tray, click an invoice from the supplier you'd like to activate receipting for.
- In the bottom-right corner of the invoice editing page, click Edit.
- On the invoice editing page, click Map supplier defaults.
- In the bottom of the Supplier defaults popup, switch on the Receipting toggle.
- Click Save.
- When iCompleat has processed your changes, click OK.
Receipting is now switched on for the supplier!
Receipting approved orders
You need access to the Approved tray in Manage orders to receipt approved orders.
To receipt an approved order, follow these steps.
- On the homepage, click Manage purchase orders.
- Go to the Approved tray, & click the order you'd like to receipt.
- On the order summary page, tick the checkboxes to the right of the lines you'd like to mark as receipted.
- To begin receipting, click Receipt.
- Click the pencil icon beside an item Quanity or Unit cost to amend it to reflect the goods received.
- (Optional) Click the paperclip button to add an attachment to the receipted order.
Other users who have access to the approved order will be able to view any attachments you add.
- (Optional) Add a Receipt Reference.
This will be visible on the order summary page.
The Receipt Reference could be the consignment number or delivery note number that came with the order. If a receipt reference isn't available, we recommend entering the date that the receipt was received. You could also add a useful note, such as "Kate signed for this order".
- Click Receipt.
- The lines are successfully receipted.
You can now review them in the Receipted Lines tab on the order summary page.
Cancel order lines
You can use the receipting feature to cancel line items that were never received. The order total updates to reflect any lines that you cancel. Here's how you cancel approved order lines.
- On the order summary page, tick the checkboxes to the right of the lines you'd like cancel.
- Click Cancel lines.
- To confirm you'd like to cancel the lines, click Proceed.
- The lines are successfully cancelled.
You can now review them in the Cancelled Lines tab on the order summary page.
Leaving order lines open
When you're receipting an order, you don't have to receipt or cancel every single line item. You can leave some lines open if you're still waiting for those items to arrive. To do this, simply leave the check box clear beside those line items until you're ready to receipt them.
View your receipted orders
When at least one order has been fully receipted in your company you'll see the Receipted tray in Manage orders. A fully receipted order is one that has all of its lines either receipted or cancelled, with no lines left open. Once an order is in the Receipted tray you can't make any further receipting changes.
In the Receipted tray you can review a list of all orders that have been fully receipted in your company. Like the other order trays, you can click a receipted order to review the order summary page, complete with this information:
- The receipted & cancelled lines
- The receipt reference added during receipting
- The original order lines
- Details of the matching invoice
You can also drill down to a receipted order's Documents and Timeline which shows when the order was fully approved, how the order was receipted, which user receipted it, & when.
Matching receipted orders
iCompleat can fully match one or multiple invoices to an order based on the receipted value of the order. This is because when you cancel items from an order receipting, the order's gross value updates to reflect the receipted amount. When an invoice arrives in iCompleat with the same gross value as the receipted order iCompleat can perform a full match.
For this to work your matching criteria must be set to Match supplier, purchase order number, & amount. An order must also be fully receipted for iCompleat to perform a full match. A fully receipted order contains no open lines. An open line is one that has not been either cancelled or receipted.
When you're searching for an order to match to invoice from a supplier with receipting switched on, you'll only see receipted orders available to match.
The 'Value mismatch' matching status
If an invoice arrives in iCompleat that matches an order that has only been partially receipted you'll see the matching status Value mismatch against the invoice. The invoice will automatically update to show the relevant matching status once the order has been fully receipted, or when a second invoice arrives that makes up the value of the receipted order.
If the value mismatch has occurred because the invoice has been incorrectly matched to a receipted order, you can click Undo match within the matching popup, which frees up the invoice to be matched to the correct order.
The 'Receipting outstanding' matching status
If an invoice arrives in iCompleat that matches an order that has no receipted lines, you'll see the matching status Receipting outstanding against the invoice. The invoice will automatically update to show the relevant matching status once the order has been fully receipted.
If an invoice has been incorrectly matched to an order that hasn't been receipted you can click Undo match within the matching popup, which frees up the invoice to be matched to the correct order.