Sometimes, the total line level VAT on an invoice doesn't match the total header level VAT. This is usually because the VAT is rounded up or down at header level, creating a slight discrepancy.
When this happens, iCompleat won't let you submit the invoice for approval, and you'll see this error in a pink banner on the invoice editing page:
This is easily fixed. Selecting the Review button in the banner let you review the totals difference, and offers hree options for matching up the totals. In this article, we run through how each option works.
1. Auto-correct the difference
This method lets you select a specific line on the invoice that iCompleat will automatically change to correct the discrepancy in line and header values.
- Next to Auto-correct, select the robot button.
- Next to the invoice line you'd like iCompleat to correct, select Use.
In this example, there's only one line on the invoice, but we still have to select it.
The totals on the invoice update to match, and the pink banner disappears. You can now continue processing the invoice as normal.
2. Accept the difference
If you're happy to accept the difference in totals, you can continue processing the invoice with the discrepancy, and post it to your finance system as normal.
- Next to Accept the difference, select the purple invoice button.
- The pink banner disappears.
Select Save to apply your changes and continue processing the invoice as normal.
3. Manually correct totals
You can manually adjust the totals on an invoice so that the header and line values match up. There are a couple of ways to do this.
- Add a balancing line to correct the total. If necessary, this can be a negative value. For example: -0.01.
- Manually edit the value of an individual line to correct the discrepancy.
- Next to Manually correct totals, select the purple editing button.
Option 1: Add a balancing linei. Select the purple plus (+) button in the top-right.
ii. Fill in the line coding, entering the discrepancy value in the Unit Cost field.
Option 2: Edit an existing line
i. Select a line in the top-right.
ii. Select the Unit cost, and adjust the amount to correct the discrepancy.
- Select Save to apply your changes and continue processing the invoice as normal.