Sometimes the total line-level VAT on an invoice doesn't match the total header-level VAT. This is usually because the VAT is rounded up or down at header level, creating a slight discrepancy.
When this happens iCompleat won't let you submit the invoice for approval, & you'll see this error in a pink banner on the invoice editing page:
This is easily fixed. Selecting the Review button in the banner lets you review the totals difference, & offers three options for matching up the totals.
In this guide, we run through how each option works.
Auto-correct the difference
This method lets you select a specific line on the invoice that iCompleat will automatically change to correct the discrepancy in line & header values.
- Next to Auto-correct, click the robot button.
- Next to the invoice line you'd like iCompleat to correct, click Use.
In this example, there's only one line on the invoice, but we still have to select it.
The totals on the invoice update to match, & the pink banner disappears. You can now continue processing the invoice as normal.
Accept the difference
If you're happy to accept the difference in totals you can continue processing the invoice with the discrepancy, & submit it for approval as normal.
- Next to Accept the difference, click the purple invoice button.
- The pink banner disappears.
Click Save to apply your changes & continue processing the invoice as normal.
Manually correct totals
You can manually adjust the totals on an invoice so that the header & line values match up. There are a couple of ways to do this.
- Add a balancing line to correct the total. If necessary, this can be a negative value. For example: -0.01.
- Manually edit the value of an individual line to correct the discrepancy.
- Next to Manually correct totals, click the purple editing button.
Option 1: Add a balancing linei. Select the purple plus (+) button in the top-right.
ii. Fill in the line coding, entering the discrepancy value in the Unit Cost field.
Option 2: Edit an existing line
i. Click a line in the top-right.
ii. Select the Unit cost, & adjust the amount to correct the discrepancy.
- Click Save to apply your changes & continue processing the invoice as normal.