Once you've created your live company in Compleat, you can connect to Sage 50 using one of our connectors. All you need to do is download the connector, install it on your computer, & configure a few settings.
The connector is a piece of software that you install on your local network. It manages & protects all the information that's passed between Sage 50 & Compleat. Any information shared is secure & encrypted.
Compleat posts to Sage 50:
- Invoice header & line data
- Invoice PDF (this can be configured in Sage to appear in reports only)
- Purchase order number/transaction reference number
- New suppliers
Compleat retrieves from Sage 50:
- Supplier information (including bank details & payment terms)
- Currency codes
- Account codes
- Tax codes
- Cost Centers
- Charity funds
- Delivery sites
- Journal reference of the posted invoice
- Invoice payment status
Compleat utilizes the extra reference field in Sage, populating it with the transaction's Compleat INV number. You can run reports on this field in Sage, allowing you to view the invoice PDF within Sage.
The Sage 50 connector you use needs to match your Sage Accounts version. Access your Sage Accounts version information by running the Sage 50 System Administration tool. The version number will look something like v26. Go to Which Sage Connector should I use? if you're still unsure.
Follow these steps to connect Compleat to Sage 50.
1. Create a Sage 50 user for Compleat
We recommend that you set up a user account in Sage 50 specifically for Compleat. This user must have Manager access.
It's a good idea to give the user account the name Compleat.
- You can't currently be logged into both Compleat & Sage 50 at the same time. If you are, Compleat won't be able to post, cache, or perform a unique supplier reference check.
- Transactions from Compleat will be clearly labelled in Sage 50.
Make sure that the password you give the new Sage 50 user doesn't contain any special characters like & or ! or +, etc. This can cause issues when you're trying to connect to Compleat.
2. Download & install the Sage 50 connector
- On the homepage, click Configuration.
- Click Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Next to Connect to a new finance system, Click Connect.
- Click the Sage 50 (US Edition) tile.
- Tick the check box next to your Sage 50 version, & click Download.
Currently, the 2020 Sage 50 version (US Edition) is the only connector available.
Make a note of your unique four-digit number - you'll need this in a later step.
- Open the downloaded connector from the bottom of your browser.
This launches the setup wizard.
- Click Next.
- You can leave the default installation folder the same, or select another one if you like.
Then, click Next.
Click Next to start the installation.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
3. Connect the Sage 50 connector to Compleat
- Enter the email address you use to log into Compleat & your unique four-digit number. Then, click Connect to Compleat.
If you don't know your unique four-digit number, log into Compleat, & then go to Configuration > Company management > Connection.
- When your details have been verified, click Next.
- If your Sage 50 data files are hosted somewhere other than your local network, enter the server name.
Click Find companies.
- Tick the checkboxes next to the Sage 50 companies you want to connect to Compleat, & then click Next.
- We'll now check the connection between Compleat & your Sage 50 software.
Enter the user name & password of your Sage 50 data access account, & then click Check Connection.
This is a dedicated account that Sage 50 uses to access third-party programs like Compleat. If you have multiple companies, the account's password needs to be identical for each. To view & edit the password in Sage 50, go to Maintain > Users > Set Up Security > Data Access/Crystal Reports.
When the message appears, click Next.
- The Connector Service Status should now be Running, which means Compleat & Sage 50 can successfully integrate.
If the Connector Service Status is Stopped, restart the connection by clicking Start.
4. Select the Sage 50 connector in Compleat
- Return to the Connection area of Company management in Compleat.
Next to Use existing connection, click Use.
- Select the Sage 50 connector from the drop-down, & click Search.
- Select the Sage 50 company from the drop-down, & click Connect.
- Select the settings you use in Sage 50 from the drop-downs, & click Save.
Our recommended settings are selected by default.
- You're now connected! This page shows your connector information & configuration options.
If connecting to Sage fails despite running the connector configuration, this could be due to your firewall settings. Go to Why is my connection to Sage failing? for more information.
- You'll notice a pulsing heartbeat on your connection page.
This indicates a healthy connection to Sage. The date & time displayed is the last time Compleat identified a healthy connection.