If you're keen to make the move to full AP automation with iCompleat, the order import feature guarantees a seamless transition from your old AP system.
It lets you import your backlog of historical orders in bulk from a .csv file to iCompleat.
All your imported orders land in the Saved tray in Manage orders ready for processing. They can be edited, coded, & matched to an invoice when fully approved.
This guide shows you how to download & populate an Excel order template with your historical order data, & then import it to iCompleat.
1. Download the Excel template
The first step is to download an Excel template to populate with your historical order data. This saved template will become the .csv file that you import to iCompleat.
When you download the template, you can choose which iCompleat order layout the template will use. The fields on the order layout will appear as columns in the template.
Follow these steps to download & populate the template.
- On the homepage, click Configuration.
- Click Company management.
- Go to Ordering.
- Next to Import purchase orders, click Configure.
- Select an order layout from the drop-down, & click Download.
The Excel template reflects the fields & settings on the order layout you select. If you're importing orders that use different layouts, you need to download a separate Excel template for each layout.
- Open the template either from the bottom of your browser, or the folder on your computer where downloads are stored.
- When the template opens, click Enable Editing in the yellow banner at top.
- Populate the Header tab with the header information for each order you're importing.
Each line on the spreadsheet represents one order. The characters you enter in the Order Reference column will become the requisition or order number in iCompleat.
- Populate the Line tab with line information for all the orders you're importing.
Each line on the spreadsheet represents one line from an order. The characters you enter in the Order reference column will become the requisition or order number in iCompleat.
- Save the spreadsheet to your PC.
2. Import the orders & process them
- In iCompleat, go to the order import configuration area again, & then go to the Upload tab.
- Drag & drop your saved .csv file into the upload area, or click the area to search for the file on your computer & upload it.
- When the order appears under Files to upload, click Upload.
You can drag & drop more files before clicking Upload if you have multiple spreadsheets for different layouts to upload.
- A message appears confirming your file is uploaded.
- Go to the Saved tray.
All imported orders have the title Manual import order, & can be processed as normal.
Please sign in to leave a comment.