Punch-In combines the convenience of the Amazon Business checkout with the ease of the Compleat approval process. That’s two great purchasing experiences seamlessly rolled into one!
It’s easy to set up, enjoyable to use, & ensures every single Amazon Business purchase you make is saved, approved & ready for invoice matching in Compleat.
Here’s how Punch-In works:
1. Log in to Amazon & add items to your basket.
2. Go to the checkout & tick the Punch-In option.
3. Choose your delivery address & payment details.
4. Click Submit for approval.
5. Compleat appears! Code your Amazon order & submit it to a workflow.
When the order is fully approved in Compleat, that’s the green light for Amazon Business to complete your order. Later, when your Amazon Business invoice flies into Compleat, you can feel confident that the original approved order is waiting to be matched to it.
This guide shows you how to set up Punch-In for your Compleat company.
Set up Punch-In
1. Activate CompleatBuy
CompleatBuy integrates Compleat with your favorite suppliers, including Punch-In for Amazon Business.
If CompleatBuy isn't already activated in your Compleat account, you just need to add it to your subscription plan. If you have more than one company in your Compleat account, this will activate CompleatBuy for every company.
To access your subscription plan & activate CompleatBuy, follow these steps.
CompleatBuy is on by default during your free trial period.
- In the top-left burger menu (top-right in the old UI), click your name, then click Manage account.
- Next to Your Plan, click Edit.
- Select On from the CompleatBuy drop-down.
The cost of your subscription plan updates in the Summary on the right.
CompleatBuy is cheaper if you pay your subscription annually rather than monthly.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) Your default billing address & card details are displayed.
Edit any fields if you'd like to use a different payment method &/or billing address on this occasion.
- In the Send Invoice To drop-down, ensure the Compleat company you'd like the invoice sent to is selected.
- When you're happy with your payment details, click Pay securely.
- Your subscription updates instantly, & CompleatBuy is now activated for all companies in your Compleat account.
2. Sync your accounting software connection
You now need to quickly sync your accounting software connection so that Compleat can check for Amazon Business saved as a supplier.
- Open the top-left burger menu, go to Configuration, & click Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Click Sync Now.
- If Amazon Business is saved in your finance system under a verified name, you'll see the Amazon logo on the Compleat homepage, & you can now continue to 3. Enter your Punch-In credentials.
If you don't see the Amazon logo on the homepage, continue to the step below below to manually sync.
(Optional) Manually sync supplier names
If you don't see the Amazon Business logo on the homepage, you need to manually sync your supplier names so that the system knows that Amazon Business is a verified CompleatBuy supplier.
To manually sync supplier names, follow these steps.
- Go to Company management.
- Go to Purchase ordering.
- Next to Manually sync punchout supplier names, click Configure.
- From the Supplier drop-down, select Amazon Business from your accounting software.
- From the Punchout Supplier drop-down, select Amazon Business.
- Click Save.
Amazon Business is enabled for Punch-In. Continue to 3. Enter your Amazon Business Punch-In credentials.
3. Enter your Amazon Business Punch-In credentials
Now that your Compleat account is ready to use Punch-In, the next step is to enter some unique credentials so that Compleat can integrate with your company's account with Amazon Business.
Follow our guide to get your Amazon Business Punch-In credentials. We'll direct you back to this guide when you're done to pick up where you left off.
4. Give your team ordering permission
Your purchasing team need to be given the permission to order in Compleat.
To do this, go to Configuration > Manage Users & click a user who needs the permission.
On the right of their profile under the User access tab, switch on the Can create orders toggle. When you're done, click Update user.
5. Create an order layouts for Amazon Business
Creating an order layout for Amazon Business lets you choose exactly which fields your order creators can view & code when they're editing Punch-In orders.
To create a layout for Amazon Business, follow these steps.
- In the top-left burger menu, go to Configuration, & click Manage layouts.
- Click Add Layout, & then click Order.
- Enter a Name & Code (up to five characters) for your layout.
- (Optional) Switch on the Active toggle so that the layout will be available as soon as you've created it.
You can switch this off or on at any time.
- Select a Layout for invoices from the drop-down.
When an invoice arrives that matches an Amazon Business order with your new order layout, Compleat will apply the selected invoice layout to the invoice.
From the Link layout to specific supplier drop-down, select Amazon Business.
Click Save Layout.
- A dialog box appears asking if you're sure you'd like to link the layout to a supplier.
- Go to Field Configuration, & use the toggles & drop-downs to select which fields will appear on the layout, & whether they will be at line or header level.
The fields you see may vary depending on any additional custom fields that are set up.
- Click Save Layout.
- Go to Settings Groups, & click New settings group.
Settings groups let you set default coding & restrict the codes available to different groups of users on a layout. For example, your Marketing users may want different account coding to be defaulted on all orders compared to your Customer Services users. A user needs to be assigned to a settings group to be able to use your order layout.
- Enter a Name & Code (up to five characters) for the settings group.
- Some fields on your layout can be edited further for this settings group, such as the Currency Code & Account Code.
Select the fields you'd like to edit.
Then, choose a Default Value, & switch the Restrict values offered? toggle on or off.
- Click Assign Users.
- Select a user to add to the settings group from the drop-down, then click he black plus (+) icon.
Repeat this step to add more users.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Settings Group.
- Click Save Layout.
You’ve successfully set up Punch-In for Amazon Business & configured all the settings in your account so that it will run like clockwork.
Check out Order with Punch-In for Amazon Business to see how to get started.
Please sign in to leave a comment.