A Compleat administrator needs to set up Punch-In for Amazon Business before you can use it to place orders.
Want to order from Amazon Business & still enjoy the convenience of Compleat approvals? Punch-In for Amazon Business is the answer!
Punch-In lets you shop with Amazon business & jump straight into Compleat at the point of checking out your cart, meaning every single order you place with Amazon Business goes through Compleat automation, & can be stored & managed in your Compleat company.
This guide shows you how to place an order with Punch-In for Amazon Business & answers all of your questions about how it works.
How to use Punch-In
- Making sure you're logged into Compleat, log in to Amazon Business & add items to your shopping cart as usual.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- Choose the Amazon PunchOut Active option, & click Continue.
- Find the correct delivery address, & click Deliver to this address.
- Choose your delivery options, & click Continue.
- Choose Pay By Invoice as your payment method, & click Continue.
- Review your order, & click Submit for approval.
You can't add any more items to your basket after this step, so it's a good idea to review your order again & make sure you have all the items you need before proceeding.
- Amazon Business is sending your order information to Compleat.
- Compleat appears!
Your Amazon Business order has been converted into a requisition that you can code & submit for approval. Each item from your basket is a line item, complete with the item description, cost, & other relevant fields.
Code any outstanding fields by clicking on the pink line items & filling them in where necessary. If an administrator has created layouts to automate the process, you may not need to do any coding.
Click the green lightning button in the top-right of the Lines area to pre-fill multiple missing line codes at once.
- Click Save.
- If you're happy to submit the requisition for approval now, click Submit, & select a workflow.
If you're not ready to submit the order for approval yet, you can exit the screen after saving & return later to submit it. The order will stay in your Saved tray.
- Great job!
You've successfully punched in from Amazon Business & submitted your requisition to a workflow for approval.
What happens next?
After you select a workflow, the requisition goes to your Submitted tray & the Awaiting Approval tray of the first approver(s) in your selected workflow.
At this stage, it's still not a completed order in Amazon Business, & will remain pending until fully approved in Compleat.
As soon as the requisition is fully approved in Compleat, Amazon Business will recognize it as an approved order, & will begin the shipping process according to the shipping options you selected.
How do I know when a Punch-In order is complete?
As well as receiving the usual notification from Amazon Business that your order is complete, you can also find out the order's progress by checking the Approved tray.
If the order has been fully approved, it will be in the Approved tray, & you can hover over the black tick in the right-hand column to see the details of the time & date the order completed.
What if my requisition doesn't get approved?
If your Punch-In requisition hasn't been approved in Compleat within 7 days, Amazon Business will automatically cancel the order, & notify you via email.
Why do I get an error message when I try to use Punch-In?
A Punch-In error usually happens for one of two reasons:
- Punch-In hasn't been correctly set up in Compleat. A Compleat administrator needs to set up Punch-In before you & other purchasers in your team can place orders.
- You don't have permission to create orders. A Compleat administrator should have given you permission to create orders as part of the Punch-In setup process.