If you'd like to bypass iCompleat’s registration process, you can log in with Microsoft Azure Active Directory using Single Sign-On.
With Single Sign-On set up, all your users need is click Sign in with Microsoft on the iCompleat login page.
To set up Microsoft Azure Active Directory, follow the steps below.
Most of the steps take place in your Azure platform, & involve creating an app registration, registering & retrieving a tenant ID to use with your account in iCompleat.
Configure Azure & get a Tenant ID
- Log in to the Azure management portal.
- Select Azure Active Directory.
- Click App registrations on the left.
- Click New registration.
- Type an appropriate name for your registration.
- Select who can use this registration.
We recommend selecting Accounts in this organizational directory only.
- For a smooth user experience, provide the redirect URL to direct users to the iCompleat login screen.
Paste the URL of the login page. https://portal.compleat.online/login/
- Click Register.
- Click Authentication on the left.
- Scroll down to locate the Front-channel logout URL
Paste iCompleat’s logout URL into the box.
To get the correct link for your account:
In iCompleat, hover over your name in the top-right, right click Log off, & click Copy link address.
If you're on our EU server, you'll use the following link:
- Further down the page, click to select the checkbox ID tokens.
- Click Save.
- Now to get the Tenant ID.
On the left, click Overview.
- Locate the Directory (tenant) ID & ‘Copy to clipboard’ or make a note of the ID.
Well done! You've completed the configuration required in Azure.
Make sure you've made a note of your Tenant ID as it’s required for the configuration steps in iCompleat.
Configuration in iCompleat
The final stage is to insert the Tenant ID into the authentication settings of your account in iCompleat.
Follow these steps.
- Log in to iCompleat & click Configuration.
- Click Manage users.
- Click Set up Azure AD.
- Click Azure Active Directory, & paste your Tenant ID from Azure into the field.
- (Optional) Switch on the Create user toggle to create a new user for someone who doesn't already exist in iCompleat. This is based on their email address.
- Click Save.
Job done! You've created an active directory registration & used its tenant ID to allow authentication on your account.
A newly created user won’t have any permissions in iCompleat just yet.
An admin user who manages the account will have to set up the right permissions for the new user in order for them to begin using iCompleat.
When a user logs in
When a user logs in for the first time by clicking Sign in with Microsoft on the login page, they should be prompted to allow some permissions.
Once they've accepted these permissions, they'll land inside iCompleat on the homepage.