The Transfer button on the invoice/credit note summary & edit pages lets you quickly resolve a number of processing issues that can occasionally happen.
Here are the options available to you:
- Transfer an invoice or credit note to another iCompleat company in the event that a supplier sends it to the wrong company.
- Transfer an invoice or credit note to a different layout to the one that has been applied by default, so that you can code everything correctly.
- Transfer an invoice into a credit note, or vice versa, in the event that our Capture portal incorrectly assigns the wrong transaction type. Eg. A credit note arrives in iCompleat incorrectly labelled as an invoice.
Whatever your reason for using the transfer function, it's easy to do!
- On the iCompleat homepage, click Manage invoices.
- In the Unprocessed tray, open the invoice you want to transfer.
The invoice summary page appears.
- In the bottom-right, click Transfer.
Clicking Edit takes you to the invoice edit page, where you can also click Transfer.
- The transfer options appear.
Select one or more options from the drop-downs, depending on your requirements, & then click Transfer.
When selecting a different company from the Company drop-down, the Layout drop-down will automatically update to show the layout options available within that company.
- Nice job!
You've successfully transferred a document to the correct layout, company, or transaction type (or a combination of all three!).
What happens next?
If you've chosen to transfer the invoice to a different company, the invoice will go straight to the Unprocessed tray of that company, ready to code with the fields on the new layout you selected. You'll be automatically taken back to the Unprocessed tray of the current company you're in.
If you've only chosen to transfer the invoice to a different layout, the invoice will simply refresh to reflect the new fields that require coding on that layout.
If you've transferred an invoice or credit note to a new transaction type, the change will take effect immediately & the invoice or credit note will be ready for processing.
In all the above scenarios, the transferred invoice will lose any coding that you might have previously applied, the supplier that was selected, & any matching status that was assigned to it.
iCompleat will treat any invoice or credit note that you transfer to a different company as a fresh new transaction ready to be processed, & will apply any automation rules from that new company, including matching an invoice to an order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.