- Be sure to follow the steps in our Set up iCompleatBuy guide before you retrieve your Amazon Business credentials for iCompleatBuy.
Have an Amazon Business account but don't have Pay by Invoice? Click here to see how set it up in your Amazon Business account.
iCompleatBuy can fully integrate with Amazon Business to let you place your orders straight from the iCompleat homepage.
This article shows you how to get your iCompleatBuy credentials from Amazon Business, then enter them into iCompleat to get the two systems connected.
Just a few easy steps before you're up & running!
1. Set your Compleat e-invoicing email address as your Pay by Invoice email address
Setting your iCompleat e-invoicing email address as your Pay by Invoice email address ensures that invoices from Amazon Business are automatically sent to iCompleat for processing.
To set your iCompleat e-invoicing email address as your Pay by Invoice email address, follow these steps.
- When logged into Amazon Business, go to Account Details, & click Business Settings.
- Under Billing & Shipping, click Pay by Invoice.
- Under Invoice Templates, click Manage.
- Go to Actions, & click Edit preferences.
- Under Invoice recipient, click Edit.
- In the Email for PDF invoices field, enter your Compleat e-invoicing email address.
- Click Save.
2. Create a Punchout Group in Amazon Business
Creating a Punchout Group in Amazon Business generates a list of credentials that users in the Group need to share with iCompleat to integrate the two systems. This lets multiple users buy online from one Amazon Business account using their respective iCompleat accounts. Amazon Groups can contain one or more users.
Follow these steps to create a Punchout Group in Amazon Business.
If you're the only person in your Amazon Business account who will be using Punchout for iCompleat, you still need to create a Punchout Group & add yourself to it. Go here for more information about Amazon Groups.
- Go to Account Details, & click Business Settings.
- In the light blue ribbon, click the menu icon.
- Go to Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- Enter a group name.
- Tick the Shared Payment Methods check box.
- Click Add Group.
- Select the name of the group you just created.
- Click Add an admin.
- Enter the Amazon Business login email address of at least one user who will be a Group Admin.
If you'll be the only person in the Punchout group, this is you.
(Optional) To add more users to the group, click Add people in the group's page.
3. Share your Amazon Business Punchout credentials with iCompleat
Once you’ve created a Punchout Group, Amazon Business generates a unique set of credentials that you need to share with iCompleat in order for the two systems to integrate.
Follow these steps to access your Punchout credentials & share them with iCompleat.
- In your Punchout Group, scroll down to System integrations, & click Configure purchasing system.
- If your Amazon Business account is with Amazon.co.uk, select iCompleat from the drop-down.
If your Amazon Business account is with Amazon.com, select Other Purchasing System from the drop-down.
- A System Login & Password are automatically generated.
A list of credentials appears. They are: “From Identity” in cXML, “Shared Secret” in cXML, Punchout URL, & Purchase order request URL.
Make note of these credentials, or keep the Amazon Business browser page open before moving to the step below.
- On the right of the screen, click Switch to Active mode.
This means that purchase orders placed will be shipped & charged to your Amazon Business Account.
- Under Select Payment Method, tick the Pay by Invoice check box, & click Save.
- On a separate page in your browser, log in to iCompleat.
You can now access the configuration settings for iCompleatBuy in one of two ways.
On the iCompleat homepage, click Amazon Business.
If the Amazon tile isn't on the homepage, you need to manually sync supplier names in the Ordering section of Company management.
i. On the iCompleat homepage, click Configuration.
ii. Click Company Management.
iii. Go to Ordering.
iv. Next to Configure integrations with suppliers, click Configure.
v. Next to Amazon Business, click Setup.
Enter the credentials from Amazon Business in the relevant fields.
- The Require workflow approval is on by default.
This means that iCompleat order creators who place orders with Amazon Business will have to submit them to a workflow for approval as normal.
Switch this off if you don't require approvals for Amazon Business orders. Order creators will see a Purchase button instead of the workflow options.
4. Set iCompleat to send POs to Amazon electronically
Nearly there! The last quick step you need to take is to make sure iCompleat is configured to send purchase orders to Amazon electronically via your account, rather than emailing a PDF.
Follow these steps to change the setting.
- On the homepage, click Configuration.
- Click Manage events.
- In the What type of transaction drop-down, select Orders.
- In the What event do you want to manage? drop-down, select A transaction has been fully approved.
- Go to Send transaction to the supplier.
- Switch on the Send purchase order to the supplier electronically toggle.
Ensure that the Send purchase order PDF to this supplier toggle is off.
Your changes save automatically.
- Nearly there!
iCompleatBuy for Amazon Business is configured in iCompleat. There are just a few more steps you need to take to get iCompleat & Amazon Business working in perfect harmony, so let's pick up where you left off...