If you're an Amazon Business customer using Pay by Invoice, you can integrate with iCompleat to shop with Amazon Business direct from the iCompleat ordering page.
Here's how it works. Once you've followed this guide to set up iCompleatBuy, you'll see an Amazon Business logo on the homepage, and a new Buy Online button on the order editing page when you select Amazon Business as the supplier. Both features take you direct to Amazon Business, where you can browse items, add them to your basket, access your favourites - everything you normally do when shopping with Amazon Business.
When you've finished filling your basket, you'll see a Submit these items for approval button in place of the Amazon Business checkout. This takes you to the iCompleat order editing page, with the contents of your Amazon Business shopping basket converted into line items that you can code, before submitting the order to a workflow for approval.
Fully approved iCompleatBuy orders are automatically sent to Amazon Business, and invoices from Amazon Business are sent to iCompleat for processing and matching.
To speed up the process, you can even disable workflows for Amazon Business so that orders are sent as soon as you hit 'Purchase'.
This article shows you how to connect your iCompleat company to your Amazon Business account, and automatically receive Amazon invoices in iCompleat.
1. Create a Punchout Group in Amazon Business
Creating a Punchout Group in Amazon Business generates a list of credentials that users in the Group need to share with iCompleat to integrate the two systems. This lets multiple users buy online from one Amazon Business account using their respective iCompleat accounts. Amazon Groups can contain one or more users.
Follow these steps to create a Punchout Group in Amazon Business.
If you're the only person in your Amazon Business account who will be using Punchout for iCompleat, you still need to create a Punchout Group and add yourself to it. Go here for more information about Amazon Groups.
- Go to Account Details,and select Business Settings.
- In the light blue rubbon, select the menu icon.
- Select Groups.
- Select Add Group.
- Enter a group name.
- Select the Shared Payment Methods check box.
- Select Add Group.
- Select the name of the group you just created.
- Select Add an admin.
- Enter the Amazon Business login email address of at least one user who will be a Group Admin.
If you'll be the only person in the Punchout group, this is you.
(Optional) To add more users to the group, select Add people in the group's page.
2. Share your Amazon Business Punchout credentials with iCompleat
Once you’ve created a Punchout Group, Amazon Business generates a unique set of credentials that you need to share with iCompleat in order for the two systems to integrate.
Follow these steps to access your Punchout credentials and share them with iCompleat.
- In your Punchout Group, scroll down to System integrations, and select Configure purchasing system.
- If your Amazon Business account is with Amazon.co.uk, select iCompleat from the drop-down.
If your Amazon Business account is with Amazon.com, select Other Purchasing System from the drop-down.
- A System Login and Password are automatically generated.
A list of credentials appears. They are: “From Identity” in cXML, “Shared Secret” in cXML, Punchout URL, and Purchase order request URL.
Make note of these credentials, or keep the Amazon Business browser page open before moving to the step below.
- On the right of the screen, select Switch to Active mode.
This means that purchase orders placed will be shipped and charged to your Amazon Business Account.
- Under Select Payment Method, select the Pay by Invoice check box, and then select Save.
- On a separate page in your browser, log into iCompleat.
You can now access the configuration settings for iCompleatBuy in one of two ways.
On the iCompleat homepage, select Amazon Business.
If the Amazon tile isn't on the homepage, you need to manually match the supplier in your finance system with the Amazon Business Punchout supplier. Go to Enable Amazon Business as a Punchout supplier to see how.
i. On the iCompleat homepage, select Configuration.
ii. Select Company Management.
iii. Select Ordering.
iv. Next to Configure integrations with suppliers, select Configure.
v. Next to Amazon Business, select Setup.
Enter the credentials from Amazon Business into the relevant fields.
- The Require workflow approval is switched on by default.
This means that iCompleat order creators who place orders with Amazon Business will have to submit them to a workflow for approval as normal.
Switch this off if you don't require approvals for Amazon Business orders. Order creators will see a Purchase button instead of the workflow options.
3. Set iCompleat to send POs to Amazon electronically
Nearly there! The last quick step you need to take is to make sure iCompleat is configured to send purchase orders to Amazon electronically via your account, rather than emailing a PDF.
Follow these steps to change the setting.
- On the homepage, select Configuration.
- Select Manage events.
- In the What type of transaction drop-down, select Orders.
- In the What event do you want to manage? drop-down, select A transaction has been fully approved.
- Go to Send transaction to the supplier.
- Switch on the Send purchase order to the supplier electronically toggle.
Ensure that the Send purchase order PDF to this supplier toggle is switched off.
Your changes save automatically.
- That's it!
iCompleatBuy for Amazon Business is successfully configured in iCompleat.