You can attach supporting documents to invoices to give extra information to approvers and other iCompleat users who will come into contact with the invoice. This can include price quotes, email discussions with suppliers, expense receipts, or any record or document that will help approvers understand the context of an invoice.
Both AP Operators and Approvers can attach supporting documents to an invoice at any stage during the approval process - even after the invoice has been fully approved. Any supporting documents attached to an invoice will be visible as attachments to all users who have had contact with the invoice.
Supporting documents can be uploaded as the following file types: .pdf, .rtf, any Microsoft Office file (including .msg).
To attach a supporting document to an invoice, follow these steps.
- In the top-right corner of the invoice summary page, select the paper clip button.
- Select Browse.
- Locate and select the supporting document on your computer.
- In the drop-down list, select the type of supporting document you're attaching.
- Select the upload button.
- A green banner appears confirming the supporting document is attached, with the file name is listed on the right.
Select X beside a supporting document to remove it.
- Select Browse to add another supporting document in the same way.
Or, select the grey X to return to the invoice summary page.
And done! You now know how quick and easy it is to add useful documents to your invoices.