You may need to update your Sage 50 or Sage 200 connector from time to time. This is usually necessary if your company upgrades to a newer version of Sage, meaning you need an updated version of the Compleat Sage connector.
The Sage connector you use in Compleat must match your Sage Accounts version. You can find out your version information by running the Sage 200 System Administration tool.
Your Sage version will look something like this:
- Sage 50 (2021) – has a version number such as v28
- Sage 200 (2020) – has a version number such as 12.00.0041
To update your Sage connector in Windows, follow these steps.
Unsure about which Connector you need? Click here to check.
- In the right of the Start ribbon at the bottom of your desktop, click the system tray arrow.
- Right-click the Compleat icon & click Stop Service (or Stop Connector).
- A message confirms that the Compleat connector service is stopped.
- Wait around 30 seconds, then log in to Compleat.
- On the homepage, click Configuration.
- Click Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Click Disconnect.
- A message appears asking you to confirm that you would like to disconnect.
- Your company is disconnected from the Sage connector.
- In the Search bar in the bottom-left of your desktop, type 'Add or remove programs'. Then select Add or remove programs from the list.
- Go to Apps & features.
- From the list of apps, click the Compleat connector for Sage 50, & then click Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again.
- When the connector is uninstalled, restart your computer or thfe server that held the connector. This ensures the connector is fully removed.
You're ready to connect to the latest version of Sage!
Now, do one of the following: