Mapping an invoice to a supplier means that all future invoices from the supplier will be automatically assigned the correct supplier from your accounting software. You can map an invoice to a supplier while you're processing the invoice.
You can also map supplier defaults (accounts codes, currency codes, etc.) at the same time so iCompleat can automatically do the coding for you in the future.
If you've mapped an invoice to an incorrect supplier, you can un-map it in Supplier management, then re-map it to the correct supplier, mapping supplier defaults at the same time.
Here's an invoice that has been incorrectly mapped to a supplier. The invoice is from a company called Artpro Graphics, but it has been mapped to a supplier called Artset Graphics.
There's a simple fix for this.
Follow these steps to un-map the supplier.
- On the iCompleat homepage, click Supplier management.
- Go to Advanced functions in the top-left.
- From the drop-down, select the supplier that an invoice has been incorrectly mapped to (not the correct supplier on the actual invoice).
- Click Un-map this supplier.
- A message appears asking you if you are sure you want to un-map the supplier.
A message appears in the bottom-right confirming that the supplier has been successfully unmapped.
- Now that you've unmapped the incorrectly mapped supplier, you can go into the invoice to map it to the correct supplier.