Mapping an invoice to a supplier means that all future invoices from the supplier are automatically linked to the supplier in your system. You can map an invoice to a supplier while you're processing the invoice.
You can also map supplier defaults (accounts codes, currency codes, etc.) at the same time so iCompleat can automatically do the coding for you in the future.
Un-map an incorrectly mapped supplier
If you've mapped an invoice to an incorrect supplier, you can un-map it in Supplier/Vendor management, then re-map it to the correct supplier, mapping supplier defaults at the same time.
Here's an invoice that has been incorrectly mapped to a supplier. The invoice is from a company called Artpro Graphics, but it has been mapped to a supplier called Artset Graphics.
There's a simple fix for this.
Follow these steps to un-map the supplier.
- On the iCompleat homepage, select Vendor/Supplier management.
- Go to Advanced functions in the top-left.
- From the drop-down, select the supplier that an invoice has been incorrectly mapped to (not the correct supplier on the actual invoice).
- Select Un-map this supplier/vendor.
- A message appears asking you if you are sure you want to un-map.
A message appears in the bottom-right confirming that the supplier has been successfully unmapped.
Correctly map the invoice to the supplier & map supplier defaults
Now that you've unmapped the incorrectly mapped supplier, you can go into the invoice to map it to the correct supplier. You can also map some supplier defaults if you wish.
The invoice must be in the Unprocessed tray in order for you to be able to map it to a supplier.
If the invoice is still in the Submitted tray and hasn't been approved yet, select the invoice, select Documents & timeline, then select Recall in the bottom-right corner.
- On the homepage, select Manage invoices.
- Select the invoice to open it.
- The invoice summary page appears. In the bottom-right corner, select Edit.
- The invoice editing page appears.
Next to Header, select Edit All.
- From the Supplier drop-down, select the correct supplier to map to the invoice.
- (Optional) Select Map supplier defaults.ii. Select some supplier defaults from the drop-downs. The drop-down fields available to you may vary according to the invoice layout created by your company administrator.iii. Select Save. iv. A message appears confirming the defaults have been mapped, along with the number of invoices from the supplier in iCompleat that have now been updated to reflect those defaults.
- Select Save.
- Check the coding on the invoice is correct, and then select Save in the bottom-right corner.
- When you're ready to submit the invoice for approval, select Submit in the bottom-left and select a workflow.
- The Automatic Supplier Link-Up dialog box appears asking if you'd like all future invoices from this supplier to be automatically linked to the supplier you've just selected.
- Happy days!
You linked the invoice to the correct supplier, mapped some defaults, and submitted the invoice for approval. All future invoices from the supplier will be automatically linked to the correct supplier in your accounting software, and mapped with your chosen defaults.