If you've submitted an invoice for approval by accident, or need to make some further changes to it, you can open it in the Submitted tray & recall it back to the Unprocessed tray.
This also removes it from the Awaiting approval tray of any users in the workflow. You can then resume editing & coding it before submitting for approval to any available workflow.
You can only recall an invoice that hasn't yet been approved by any users in its designated workflow. Even if only one user has approved the invoice, you'll be unable to recall it.
There's no limit on the amount of times you can recall an invoice. If you recall an invoice, edit it, & submit it for approval again, you can still then recall the invoice from the Submitted tray to make further changes or submit it to a different workflow.
To recall an invoice, follow these steps.
- In the Submitted tray, click the invoice to open it.
- The invoice summary page opens.
In the bottom-right corner, click Documents and Timeline.
- The Approval Timeline appears.
In the bottom-right corner, click Recall.
- A message appears stating 'Are you sure you want to recall this transaction? Doing so will lose any progress on approvals and return it to the unprocessed tray.'
- The invoice is recalled, & is now in your Unprocessed tray.
Now that the invoice is recalled & back in your Unprocessed tray, you can process it again as normal, & submit to a workflow for approval.