Once you've created your live company in iCompleat, the next step is to connect it to your finance system using our connectors. All you need to do is download the connector, install it on your computer, and configure a few settings.
The connector is a piece of software that gets installed on your local network. It manages and protects all of the information that's passed between Sage 50 and iCompleat. Any information shared is secure and encrypted.
The Sage 50 connector you use needs to match your Sage Accounts version. For example, if you're using Sage 50 2019, then you need to download the Sage 50 2019 connector.
Access your Sage Accounts version information by running the Sage 50 System Administration tool. The version number will look something like v26. Go to Which Sage Connector should I use? if you're still unsure.
Follow these steps to connect iCompleat to Sage 50.
1. Create a Sage 50 user for iCompleat
We recommend that you set up a user account in Sage 50 specifically for iCompleat, and give it the name iCompleat.
This is for a couple of reasons:
- You can't currently be logged into both iCompleat and Sage 50 at the same time. If you are, iCompleat won't be able to post, cache, or perform a unique supplier reference check.
- Transactions from iCompleat will be clearly labelled in Sage 50.
Make sure that the password you give the new Sage 50 user doesn't contain any special characters like & or ! or +, etc. This can cause issues when you're trying to connect to iCompleat.
2. Download and install the Sage 50 connector
- On the homepage, select Configuration.
- Select Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Next to Connect to a new finance system, select Connect.
- Select Sage 50 (US Edition).
- Select the check box next to your Sage 50 version, and select Download.
Currently, the 2020 Sage 50 version (US Edition) is the only connector available.
Make a note of your unique four-digit number - you'll need this in a later step.
- Open the downloaded connector from the bottom of your browser.
This launches the setup wizard.
- Select Next.
- You can leave the default installation folder the same, or select another one if you like.
Then, select Next.
Select Next to start the installation.
- When the installation is complete, select Close.
3. Connect the Sage 50 connector to iCompleat
- Enter the email address you use to log into iCompleat, and your unique four-digit number. Then, select Connect to iCompleat.
If you don't know your unique four-digit number, log into iCompleat, and then go to Configuration > Company management > Connection.
- When your details have been verified, select Next.
- If your Sage 50 data files are hosted somewhere other than your local network, enter the server name.
Select Find companies.
- Select the check boxes next to the Sage 50 companies you want to connect to iCompleat, and then select Next.
- We'll now check the connection between iCompleat and your Sage 50 software.
Enter the user name and password of your Sage 50 data access account, and then select Check Connection.
This is a dedicated account that Sage 50 uses to access third-party programs like iCompleat. If you have multiple companies, the account's password needs to be identical for each. To view and edit the password in Sage 50, go to Maintain > Users > Set Up Security > Data Access/Crystal Reports.
When the message appears, select Next.
- The Connector Service Status should now be Running, which means iCompleat and Sage 50 can successfully integrate.
If the Connector Service Status is Stopped, restart the connection by selection Start.
4. Select the Sage 50 connector in iCompleat
- Return to the Connection area of Company management in iCompleat.
Next to Use existing connection, select Use.
- Select the Sage 50 connector from the drop-down, and select Search.
- Select the Sage 50 company from the drop-down, and select Connect.
- Select the settings you use in Sage 50 from the drop-downs, and select Save.
Our recommended settings are selected by default.
- You're now connected! This page shows your connector information and configuration options.
If connecting to Sage fails despite running the connector configuration, this could be due to your firewall settings. Go to Why is my connection to Sage failing? for more information.
- You'll notice a pulsing heartbeat on your connection page.
This indicates a healthy connection to Sage. The date and time displayed is the last time iCompleat identified a healthy connection.