Once you've created your live company in iCompleat, you can connect to Sage 200 using one of our connectors. All you need to do is download the connector, install it on your computer, & configure a few settings.
The connector is a piece of software that gets installed on your local network. It manages & protects all the information that's passed between Sage 200 & iCompleat. Any information shared is secure & encrypted.
iCompleat posts to Sage 200:
- Invoice header & line data
- Purchase order number
- New suppliers
iCompleat retrieves from Sage 200:
- Supplier information (including bank details & payment terms)
- Currency codes
- Account codes
- Tax codes
- Cost Centers
- Charity funds
- Delivery sites
- Journal reference of the posted invoice
- Invoice payment status
You need to choose the Sage 200 connector that match your Sage Accounts version. Access your Sage Accounts version information by running the Sage 200 System Administration tool. The version number will look something like 12.00.0035. Go to Which Sage Connector should I use? if you're still unsure.
To connector iCompleat to Sage 200, follow these steps.
1. Create a Sage 200 user for iCompleat
We recommend that you set up a user account in Sage 50 specifically for iCompleat & give it the name iCompleat.
This is for a couple of reasons:
- You can't currently be logged into both iCompleat & Sage 50 at the same time. If you are, iCompleat won't be able to post, cache, or perform a unique supplier reference check.
- Transactions from iCompleat will be clearly labelled in Sage 50.
Make sure that the password you give the new Sage 50 user doesn't contain any special characters like & or ! or +, etc. This can cause issues when you're trying to connect to iCompleat.
2. Download & install the Sage 200 connector
- On the homepage, click Configuration.
- Click Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Next to Connect to a new finance system, click Connect.
- Click Sage 200.
- Tick the checkbox next to the Sage 200 version you use, & click Download.
Make a note of your unique four-digit reference number. You'll need it for a later step.
- Open the downloaded Sage 200 connector.
When the installation wizard opens, click Next.
- Click Next again.
- Click Next again.
- When the installation is complete, click Close.
3. Connect the Sage 200 connector to iCompleat
- Go to your system tray, hover over the purple iCompleat icon, & click Configuration.
- Enter your email address & your unique four digit pin, & click Connect.
Find your unique four-digit pin in Configuration > Company management > Connection.
- When your details are verified, click Next.
- Select the Sage company you want to connect to iCompleat, & click Next.
- Enter your Sage Domain & the user name & password for your Sage 200 iCompleat user.
- The Connector Service Status should now be Running.
If the Connector Service Status is Stopped, restart it by clicking Start.
4. Select the Sage 200 connector in iCompleat
- Now, you need to select the Sage 200 connector in iCompleat.
In the Connection area of iCompleat next to Use Existing connector, click Use.
- Select Sage 200 from the drop-down, & click Search.
- Select the Sage company you want to connect to, & click Connect.
- You're now connected!
When the connection is complete, iCompleat displays a heartbeat. This indicates a healthy connection to Sage 200.
If connecting to Sage fails despite running the connector configuration, this could be due to your firewall settings.
- You'll notice a pulsing heartbeat on your connection page.
This indicates a healthy connection to Sage. The date & time displayed is the last time iCompleat identified a healthy connection.
Check out Connection status & settings to learn more about managing your connector.