We recommend that you set up a user account in Sage 200 specifically for iCompleat, and give it the name iCompleat. This is for a couple of reasons:
- You can't currently be logged into both iCompleat and Sage 200 at the same time. If you are, iCompleat won't be able to post, cache, or perform a unique supplier reference check.
- Transactions from iCompleat will be clearly labelled in Sage 200.
Once you've created your live company in iCompleat, the next step is to connect it to your finance system using our connectors. All you need to do is download the connector, install it on your computer, and configure a few settings.
The connector is a piece of software that gets installed on your local network. It manages and protects all of the information that's passed between Sage 200 and iCompleat. Any information shared is secure and encrypted.
The Sage 200 connector you use needs to match your Sage Accounts version. For example, if you're using Sage 200 Summer 2019, then you need to download the Sage 200 Summer 2019 connector.
Access your Sage Accounts version information by running the Sage 200 System Administration tool. The version number will look something like 12.00.0035. Go to Which Sage Connector should I use? if you're still unsure.
Follow these steps to connect iCompleat to Sage 200.
Download and install the Sage 200 connector
- On the homepage, select Configuration.
- Select Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Next to Connect to a new finance system, select Connect.
- Select Sage 200.
- Select the check box next to the Sage 200 version you use, then select Download.
Make a note of your unique four-digit reference number - you'll need it for a later step.
- Open the downloaded Sage 200 connector.
When the installation wizard opens, select Next.
- Select Next.
- Select Next.
- When the installation is complete, select Close.
Connect the Sage 200 connector to iCompleat
- Go to your system tray, hover over the purple iCompleat icon, and then select Configuration.
- Enter your email address, and your unique four digit pin, and then select Connect.
Find your unique four-digit pin in Configuration > Company management > Connection.
- When your details are verified, select Next.
- Select the Sage company you want to connect to iCompleat, and select Next.
- Enter your Sage Domain, and the user name and password for your Sage 200 iCompleat user.
Then, select Apply.
- Select Next.
- The Connector Service Status should now be Running.
If the Connector Service Status is Stopped, restart it by selecting Start.
Select the Sage 200 connector in iCompleat
- Now, you need to select the Sage 200 connector in iCompleat.
In the Connection area of iCompleat, select Use next to Use Existing connector.
- Select Sage 200 from the drop-down, and select Search.
- Select the Sage company you want to connect to, and select Connect.
- You're now connected!
When the connection is complete, iCompleat displays a heartbeat. This indicates a healthy connection to Sage 200.
If connecting to Sage fails despite running the connector configuration, this could be due to your firewall settings.
- You'll notice a pulsing heartbeat on your connection page.
This indicates a healthy connection to Sage. The date and time displayed is the last time iCompleat identified a healthy connection.