When you receive your first invoice from a supplier, you need to quickly map the invoice to the correct supplier saved in your finance system or reference data. This means that iCompleat will know which supplier any future invoices are from, and will automatically select the supplier for you.
Mapping an invoice to a supplier takes only a couple of seconds during processing. To map a supplier to an invoice, follow these steps.
- On the homepage, click Manage invoices.
- In the Unprocessed tray, click a first-time invoice from a supplier.
- In the bottom-right of the invoice summary page, click Edit.
You can also click the pink Header banner.
- The invoice editing page appears.
Click the blue supplier banner.
- From the drop-down, select the correct supplier.
If you have a 'one-off' supplier set up in your finance system, you have the option here to select your one-off supplier, or enter the supplier manually. Manual entries will default to the one-off supplier.
- Code the rest of your invoice, and then select Save in the bottom-right.
Now is a great time to map some supplier defaults! Go to Mapping supplier defaults during invoice processing to see how.
- When your invoice is ready to send for approval, click Submit, then click a workflow.
- The Automatic Supplier Link-Up dialog box appears.
To confirm you'd like to map the supplier, click Yes.
- You did it!
The supplier has been mapped to the invoice. In the future, when iCompleat receives an invoice from this supplier, it will know which supplier in your finance system or reference data to automatically select.