Once you've created your live company in iCompleat, the next step is to connect it to your finance system using our connectors. All you need to do is download the connector, install it on your computer, & configure a few settings.
The connector is a piece of software that gets installed on your local network. It manages & protects all the information that's passed between Sage 50 & iCompleat. Any information shared is secure & encrypted.
The Sage 50 connector you use needs to match your Sage Accounts version. For example, if you're using Sage 50 2019, then you need to download the Sage 50 2019 connector.
Access your Sage Accounts version information by running the Sage 50 System Administration tool. The version number will look something like v26. Go to Which Sage Connector should I use? if you're still unsure.
Follow these steps to connect iCompleat to Sage 50.
1. Create a Sage 50 user for iCompleat
We recommend that you set up a user account in Sage 50 specifically for iCompleat, & give it the name iCompleat.
This is for a couple of reasons:
- You can't currently be logged into both iCompleat& Sage 50 at the same time. If you are, iCompleat won't be able to post, cache, or perform a unique supplier reference check.
- Transactions from iCompleat will be clearly labelled in Sage 50.
Make sure that the password you give the new Sage 50 user doesn't contain any special characters like & or ! or +, etc. This can cause issues when you're trying to connect to iCompleat.
2. Download & install the Sage 50 connector
- On the homepage, click Configuration.
- Click Company management.
- Go to Connection.
- Next to Connect to a new finance system, click Connect.
- Click the Sage 50 tile.
- Tick the checkbox next to the Sage 50 version you're using, & click Download.
Make a note of your unique four-digit number - you'll need this in a later step.
- When the connector has downloaded, open it from the bottom of your browser to launch the setup wizard.
- Click Next.
- We recommend you use our default installation folder, but you can click Browse to choose a different one.
- Click Next to start the installation.
- The connector is installed.
3. Connect to iCompleat
- Enter the email address you use to log into iCompleat, & your unique four-digit pin.
Then, click Connect to iCompleat.
If you don't know your unique four-digit number, log into iCompleat, & then go to Configuration > Company management > Connection.
- A message confirms that your details have been verified.
- Your Sage 50 data folder appears by default.
Click Find Companies.
- Tick the checkboxes for the companies you want to connect to iCompleat
- Select which extra reference field you want to be displayed against iCompleat transactions in Sage 50, or leave the field blank so that nothing is displayed.
- Click Next.
- To connect to Sage 50, the Sage SDO components now need to be installed on your computer.
The Sage SDO (Sage Data Objects) components let iCompleat communicate with your Sage 50 Accounts database.
- Enter the user name & password for your iCompleat user in Sage 50, & click Test Connection To Finance System.
- A message appears confirming that the connection test passed.
If you don't see this message, check you entered your username & password correctly, & then try again.
- The Connector Service Status should now be Running.
If the Connector Service Status is Stopped, restart it by clicking Start.
4. Select the Sage 50 connector in iCompleat
- Now, you need to select the Sage 50 connector in iCompleat.
In the Connection area of iCompleat, click Configure next to Use existing connector.
- Select the Sage 50 connector from the drop-down list, & click Search.
- Select the relevant company from the drop-down, & click Connect.
- Select which features you use in Sage 50, & click Save.
- You're now connected!
This page shows your connector information & configuration options.
If connecting to Sage fails despite running the connector configuration, this could be due to your firewall settings. Go to Why is my connection to Sage failing? for more information.
- You'll notice a pulsing heartbeat on your connection page.
This indicates a healthy connection to Sage. The date & time displayed is the last time iCompleat identified a healthy connection.