You can quickly add notes to an invoice in any tray to provide useful status information for other users who come into contact with the invoice. For example, you may add a note to an invoice in the Unprocessed tray letting other users know that you need to keep the invoice on hold until further notice. You can add multiple notes to invoices, including invoices that other users have already added notes to.
Notes are customizable, so you can format the text, and add imaged or hyperlinks. You also have the option to add include an icon, which is then displayed in the note column against the invoice in the tray. If no icon is added, the column displays the number of notes an invoice has. The note column is indicated by a pencil icon.
To view any notes that you or another user have added to an invoice, select the icon or number in the note column. Or, select an invoice in the tray, and then select View notes on the invoice summary page.
Add a note to an invoice
- Select the invoice under the note column (the one with the pencil icon).
You can also add a note by select an invoice, and then selecting Add note on the right of the invoice summary page.
- The note editing popup appears. Enter your note and format it as you wish.
- (Optional) To add an icon to the note, select Add Icon.
i. Select an icon, and an icon colour.
ii. Click Select to add the icon.
- When you're happy with your note, select Add note.
- Your note is added!
Select Close to return to the invoice tray.
The notes column now displays the number of notes added to the invoice, or the note icon if you included one.
Delete a note from an invoice
- Open the note by selecting the invoice under the note column (the one with the pencil icon).
You can also open a note by select an invoice, and then selecting View notes on the invoice summary page.
- Hover above the note in the top-right next to Memo added by, and select the red cross (X) that appears.
- A message appears asking you to confirm your decision. Select Yes.
- Your note is deleted.