You'll see the matching status Over match against an invoice or order if the value of the invoice is greater than the value of the matching order. This matching status can only appear if you have the invoice matching setting Match Supplier, Purchase Order Number and Amount selected in Manage events.
An over match can occur for multiple reasons, including:
- A supplier adds extra items like delivery charges to an order.
- Item prices increase after you place the order.
- The VAT on the invoice is rounded up at header level & is greater than the VAT value of the order.
- An agreement is made with the supplier for extra items to be added to the order after it has been placed.
- A supplier forgets to add a previously agreed discount to an invoice.
You have a few options for dealing with an over match status:
- Ignore it & process the invoice as normal.
- Close the order for matching.
- Undo the match (& find a new PO to match it with, if possible).
You need to enable invoice matching to resolve this matching status.
Process the invoice as normal
You might want to process the invoice as normal if the over match status has occurred for a valid reason, like the supplier is planning on issuing you with a credit note to correct the over-match. It's possible to process, submit for approval, & fully approve an invoice that has the matching status Over match.
Close the order for matching
If you're happy to accept the over match, you can close the order for matching, meaning iCompleat won't attempt to match any invoices to it.
- On the homepage, click Manage orders.
- Go to the tray where the over matched order is, & hover over the order under the Invoice match column.
Click Close for matching.
- Enter a reason for closing the order for matching, & click Close.
- The order is closed for matching.
When you hover over the order in the Invoice match column, the date when you closed the order for matching is displayed.
Undo the match
You might want to undo the match if the invoice has been incorrectly matched. If the supplier is planning on sending a replacement invoice with a value that matches the order, this will free up the order to be matched to the correct invoice.
- On the homepage, select Manage invoices.
- Go to the tray where the invoice is, & hover over the invoice in the PO match column.
Click Undo match.
- Enter your reason for undoing the match, & click OK.
- The matching status of the invoice and the order changes to None, & they can each now be matched to the correct transaction.
Perform the correct match
If the invoice can now be matched to another order in the system, follow these steps:
- Hover over the invoice in the PO match column, & click Find a PO.
- A list of orders from that supplier appears.
Ensuring the correct supplier is selected in the drop-down, click the matching order in the list.
Click the black arrow to the left of an order to see its line details.
- Click Match.
Then, click Match again to confirm.
- The status of the invoice and the order updates to Matched.
Please sign in to leave a comment.