iCompleat is set to automatically issue all orders to suppliers once they're fully approved.
You can enable & disable this setting in the Manage Events area.
With this setting enabled when you create an order & select a supplier, iCompleat will automatically pull the supplier email address from your reference data or connected finance system onto the order, & then send the order to that email address once it's fully approved. If you ever want to send an order to a different email address from the one you've got saved against a supplier, you can simply edit the email address in the order editing page for that one time.
You can also submit an order manually from iCompleat. You might do this if:
- The supplier email address field in the order was left blank.
- The automatic emailing of orders to suppliers was disabled in Manage Events at the time of full approval.
- You prefer to download your orders & send them from your own email address.
Follow the steps below to identify an order's submission status & if necessary, manually submit the order.
See the submission status of an order
- On the homepage, click Manage orders.
- Go to the Approved tray.
- Orders that have been successfully sent to the supplier have a black tick in the right-hand column.
Hovering over this tick displays details of how, when & to what email address the order was submitted.Orders that haven't been successfully sent to the supplier have a pink warning triangle in the right-hand column. Hovering over this tick displays a message telling you that the order hasn't been sent, along with the option to resolve this.
Submit an order
If an order in the Approved tray hasn't been sent to the supplier & is displaying the pink warning triangle, you have two options for submitting the order to the supplier manually:
- Use the Issue to Supplier button (recommended)
- Download a PDF of the order & email it to the supplier
Option 1: Use the Issue to supplier button
- In the Approved tray, click your order.
- The order summary appears.
In the bottom-left, click Issue to supplier.
- Enter the supplier's email address.
- A mailing button appears.
Click the button to immediately send the order to this supplier email address.
- In the bottom-left, click Back to Grid.
- The order now has a black tick in the right-hand column.
Option 2: Download the order PDF
- In the Approved tray, click the order.
- In the bottom-right of the order summary, click Documents and Timeline.
- Above the order preview on the left, click the download icon.
- Save the order to your computer.
- Attach the order to an email & send it your supplier.
- Click Back to Summary.
- Click Issue to supplier.
- Click the Already issued? check box.
This lets iCompleat know you've manually sent the order to the supplier outside of Compleat.
- Click the save button that appears.
The order is now marked as sent. Hover over the black tick in the right-hand column of the Approved tray to see details of you sending it manually.
Please sign in to leave a comment.